1 Collection of Personal Information
1.2 We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it or as allowed by law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way that ensures the protection of your personal information.
1.3 Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act and any other relevant laws.
2 Personal information
2.1 When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you.
2.2 The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include your name, date of birth, address, account details, occupation, and any other information we made need to identify you.
3 How do we collect your personal information?
3.1 Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you.
3.2 From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
3.3 Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website or WiFi services;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within our stores; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
3.4 If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Tonic The Organic Beauty Store please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve this issue.
4 Updating your personal information
4.1 It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you, we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
4.2 If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us. We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate and complete.
5 Unsubscribing from email subscription
5.1 From time-to-time Tonic The Organic Beauty Store may send you electronic marketing material - but only ever in accordance with the provisions of Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
- Open any newsletter sent to you by Tonic The Organic Beauty Store.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click 'Unsubscribe'.
6 Collection of Computer Data
6.1 When you visit Tonic The Organic Beauty Store, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages with in Tonic The Organic Beauty Store you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
7.1 We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market place practices.
8.1 If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, you may contact our complaints officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org
8.2 We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We aim to provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
9 Further information
9.1 You may request further information about the way we manage your personal or credit information by contacting us at If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, you may contact our complaints officer by email email@example.com